The 2018 Porsche Macan SUV’s Performance
Drivers expect nothing less than spirited performance from Porsche sports cars, but what about Porsche SUVs? Simply put, the Porsche Macan SUV’s performance is nothing less than track-worthy, and it offers the perks Ewa Beach families seek, such as towing power and ample interior cargo space. Couple its power with patented technology, like Porsche Traction Management, and you’ve got a powerhouse with all the grace of a fastback. Learn more about its capabilities below, then head to Porsche Hawaii to finance your new Macan!
Impressive Engine Lineup
Offering a lineup of powerful engines, the 2018 Macan can’t help but outperform others in its segment. In fact, compared to the Land Rover Discovery Sport, the Porsche Macan is faster and more powerful by a long shot. Get acquainted with the Macan SUV’s engine lineup below:
- Macan – At the entry level, the Macan includes a 252-hp 2.0L turbo inline-4 engine and a Porsche DoppelKupplung (PDK) transmission. It achieves the highest fuel economy ratings in the lineup: 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Macan S – Stepping up to the Macan S gets you a 340-hp 3.0L V6 engine that zips from 0-60 mph in just 5.0 seconds with optional Sport Chrono.
- Macan GTS – The Macan GTS sports a more powerful 3.0L V6, which spits out 360 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque.
- Macan Turbo – The Macan Turbo houses a 400-hp 3.6L V6 that glides from 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds.
- Macan Turbo w/ Performance Package – This model brings the power of the Macan to a crescendo, thanks to its 440-hp 3.6L V6 that reaches 169 mph on the track!
High-Tech Handling Features
Every new Macan comes standard with all-wheel drive, giving it an edge on rugged Waipahu roads. However, that’s not all this compact SUV has to offer. The Macan enhances its dynamic engine specs with intelligent handling features. Check out some of its standard and optional equipment:
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): Working in tandem with all-wheel drive, PTM uses an electronic and map-controlled multi-plate clutch, automatic brake differential, and anti-slip regulation to maintain stability in all conditions.
- Power Steering Plus: This system automatically tightens or relaxes steering for easy maneuvering at higher and lower speeds.
- Available Air Suspension with PASM: Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) adjusts the air suspension to suit one of three modes: Comfort, SPORT, and SPORT PLUS.
Take the Macan for a Spin Around Honolulu!
Porsche Macan performance is even more astounding in person! Porsche Hawaii invites you to our dealership, located near Ewa Beach at 730 Ala Moana Boulevard in Honolulu, for a test drive. Don’t forget to compare the Macan vs. Cayenne and to check out our new vehicle specials for an opportunity to save on the latest Macan!